Small cap stocks are not tracked closely by market analysts and that is why the real value of good small cap stocks can remain undiscovered for long. Also investing in them is risky due to unavailability of adequate research on them. But the rewards of finding a hidden gem are huge too, as such a stock may become a multibagger (midcap or even a large-cap stock over time), giving superlative returns.
BSL Small and Midcap Fund invests in equity and equity related securities of companies considered to be small and mid-cap and aims to achieve long term capital appreciation for its investors. The fund is declaring its annual dividend for FY 2016-17, an amount of Rs 1.85/unit (approx. dividend yield of 8.0% under Regular plan), record date being 31 August 2016. Following are few key features of this fund:
· With an AUM of 268 crores the fund has generated returns of 12.73% since inception (as on Aug 25 2016)
· In calendar year 2016 the fund has returned 16.12% outperforming the Nifty Free Float Midcap 100 by 3.4% which has generated returns of 12.7% (as on 25 Aug 2016)
· A SIP of Rs 10000 since inception in the fund would be worth Rs 28.6 lacs (CAGR: 19.74%) against Rs 22.3 lacs (CAGR: 14.58%) in the Nifty Free Float 100 (as on 25 Aug 2016)
· Over a 5 year period (daily rolling basis), since inception the fund has outperformed the Nifty Free Float 100 index 90.5% of the time and has generated positive returns 98% of the time (as on Aug 25 2016)
· The fund has outperformed the benchmark across time periods as can be seen from the graph below: